How to set up an Automation to be triggered by a number in a column

Hello,

Is there a way to set up an automation where an email can be sent to a student as soon a particular column has a number that is less than or equal to 30 and another column has a green symbol? Thank you for your help!

Best Answer

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @Kavs

Yes. You will want to trigger on 'When Rows are Added or Changed'. You will also add a Condition to filter to meet your criteria above. Your automation will look like this (be sure to select your appropriate column). Also, in the trigger, make sure you physically select 'Any Value' from the dropdown.

You can notify select individuals or you can change the notifications to Contacts in a cell if you have a contact field.

If anything seems unclear, ask and I'll try to clarify.

Does this work for you?

Kelly

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @Kavs

Yes. You will want to trigger on 'When Rows are Added or Changed'. You will also add a Condition to filter to meet your criteria above. Your automation will look like this (be sure to select your appropriate column). Also, in the trigger, make sure you physically select 'Any Value' from the dropdown.

You can notify select individuals or you can change the notifications to Contacts in a cell if you have a contact field.

If anything seems unclear, ask and I'll try to clarify.

Does this work for you?

Kelly

• Kavs
    Kavs ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for this information Kelly! Is there a way to ensure the email will only be sent once as the column with the number will continue to change (it is a formula that subtracts the current date and the student's first day of rotations)?

• Kavs
    Kavs ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for this information @Kelly Moore ! Is there a way to ensure the email will only be sent once as the column with the number will continue to change (it is a formula that subtracts the current date and the student's first day of rotations)?

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey

That's a good question. I would handle that situation with a helper column - like a checkbox column and a formula to check the box when the value dropped to 30 or below. The checkbox will only be checked once - assuming the value doesn't go above 30 then drop again.

=IF(AND(ISNUMBER([Number column]@row), [Number column]@row<=30),1)

I added the ISNUMBER to try to eliminate blanks and errors.

then I would use this automation

Will this work for you?

Kelly

• Kavs
    Kavs ✭✭✭✭

@Kelly Moore That could work...could I also add another criteria to that checkbox formula where status column is "green"? I tried putting it in different parts of the formula but keep getting an error. Do I need use a COUNTIFS formula?

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey

=IF(AND(ISNUMBER([Number column]@row), [Number column]@row<=30, Status@row="Green"),1)

be sure to change the column names I used to your actual column names.

Kelly

• Kavs
    Kavs ✭✭✭✭

@Kelly Moore This works!! Thank you so much!!