Add Shortcut to My OneDrive (for a Teams folder) Not Allowing Selection from OneDrive via Smartsheet

Options

Hello -

I am planning on using Smartsheet to manage some of my tasks using a sheet in card view.

I want the documents that I attach to the cards to remain in a folder within a Teams site. I have used the Add Shortcut to My Files option in the SharePoint view of the Teams folder structure. This adds a shortcut to my OneDrive for easy access.

When I go through the steps to attach a file via OneDrive in Smartsheet, I can see the shortcut, click into it, and see my folders and files that are actually stored on my Teams site. When I select a file, however, it does not attach. Why is this?

Smartsheet should either fix/allow this functionality OR allow SharePoint/Teams as an option for uploading "links" to files.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @CollabMeganPMP 

Smartsheet cannot currently attach a file that's stored in Sharepoint/Teams, even if it's surfaced in OneDrive. You can find a list of all the supported third-party cloud storage services to upload as attachments in this Help Article: Attach a File or Link From an Online Resource

Please also provide your feedback to the Product team through this form.

Thanks!

Genevieve

• @CollabMeganPMP
    @CollabMeganPMP ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for responding. I did submit an enhancement request.

Related- when I have a Smartsheet sheet as a Website tab in a Microsoft Teams channel and go to link to a file in OneDrive using the File Upload->OneDrive option, a blank webpage opens and does not allow me to traverse my OneDrive. If I do this operation outside of Teams through a web browser, start to finish, I am able to see the OneDrive file selection screen. Any ideas??

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @CollabMeganPMP 

It sounds like there may be an issue with how Teams presents iFrame data; Smartsheet may not be able to help with this if it's specific to how Teams is presenting the File > Upload capabilities. I would recommend reaching out to Teams support with a screen recording.

Cheers,

Genevieve