If Error Vlookup multiple sheets

This is the formula i am using now.

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP([Co#]@row, {Master Accounting Tracker 2022}, 4, false), VLOOKUP([Co#]@row, {Master Accounting Tracker Range 2}, 4, false))

How can I make this return a blank instead of #NO MATCH? Also, can you attach a third sheet to search if first two are errors?

Tags:

Answers

• Christina.R
    Christina.R ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Diana36

You're missing what should happen if it's iferror. Just add "" before the last close bracket and it should work.

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP([Co#]@row, {Master Accounting Tracker 2022}, 4, false), VLOOKUP([Co#]@row, {Master Accounting Tracker Range 2}, 4, false),"")

• Did you try =IF(ISERROR((VLOOKUP([Co#]@row, {Master Accounting Tracker 2022}, 4, false), VLOOKUP([Co#]@row, {Master Accounting Tracker Range 2}, 4, false),"",(VLOOKUP([Co#]@row, {Master Accounting Tracker 2022}, 4, false), VLOOKUP([Co#]@row, {Master Accounting Tracker Range 2}, 4, false)))?

You may want to double check the number of parenthesis I put at the end. I usually have one to many.

• HI Christina,

I am getting an #INCORRECTARGUMENT error message with that formula.

• Hi Rick,

That one gets me #UNPARCEABLE

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Diana36

I hope you're well and safe!

Try something like this.

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP([Co#]@row, {Master Accounting Tracker 2022}, 4, false),"")

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Hi Andree,

That works for just the single vlookup, but not if i want it to check both sheets, and then go blank.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Diana36

Try something like this.

=
    IFERROR(IFERROR( VLOOKUP([Co#]@row, {Master Accounting Tracker 2022}, 4, false), 
    VLOOKUP([Co#]@row, {Master Accounting Tracker Range 2}, 4, false),"")

Did that work?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• no that didnt work either

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Diana36

I'd be happy to take a quick look.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, [email protected])

• Archie Villa
    Archie Villa ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

How do you reconstruct the formula if you are referencing it into multiple sheets(like 5-10 sheets)?

Thank you,

Archie

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Archie Villa

Are you wanting to check each sheet in a specific order, so if Sheet 1 doesn't have the value, check Sheet 2... if Sheet 2 doesn't have the value, check Sheet 3... and so on. Or are you looking to check all of your sheets and return all possible matches (so if there's a match in Sheet 1 and in Sheet 4 you see both)?

• Archie Villa
    Archie Villa ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Genevieve P.

Yes, I wanted to check each sheet in a specific order. However the Iferror, would not work for 3 or more arguments. Alternatively, what i did was ( if(Column1="A", vlookup(B1,ref sheet, 2,false) instead.

Thank you,

Archie