How do i collect data on single sheet from multiple participants outside of Organization

Hi,

I have a sheet that contains name, emp ID and the company name of people who work on a project under me from different employers.

I want to collect additional details like Email ID & contact number from their respective employers to this single sheet without disclosing the line items to each other.

And allow them to add rows if they want to enter a worker detail who is missing in the original list.

I did try to use "Automation" by assigning a column as contact list with email IDs of intended employers, but then the recipient had to provide input on individual windows based on number of entries assigned to them instead of a consolidated view like a grid.

Example: If employer X has 20 people on Project ID A, then they were receiving 20 individual windows to provide input and not a single consolidated sheet.

How do i ensure that Data Privacy is maintained between employers and that we collect data in one place.

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Vinita Soman

To clarify because I think James missed adding a "not" to the answer about Update Request access.

With Update Requests, they will only be able to see what you'd want them to see on one or multiple rows.

The other two options would be:

• Premium App, Dynamic View
    • Premium App, WorkApps (included from Enterprise and above)

Make sense?

Please support the Community by marking the post(s) that helped or answered your question or solved your problem with the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers