Locked Fields Outlook Add-in

Options
Bruno Quadros
Bruno Quadros ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi Community,

I've noticed some fields (columns) are blocked for selection when I try to add a new frow from the Outlook Add-in. Seems like there's no reason for that (see below). Any help? Regards.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 03/08/22
    Options

Hi @Bruno Quadros

There are specific values that can't be updated in your sheet from the Outlook Add-In:

• Any cell that contains a formula (including Column Formulas).
    • Any finish date or duration value on sheets that have dependencies enabled.
    • Any Contact list column which allows multiple contacts per cell.

Let me know if this explains the behaviour you're seeing for these fields!

For more information, review the tab that says "Open Existing Sheets from Outlook" at the bottom of this Help Article: Smartsheet for Outlook Add-in

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Bruno Quadros
    Bruno Quadros ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Genevieve,

That's interesting. None of the blocked cells on my screenshot have formulas. Also, dependencies are not enabled in the sheet.

The columns named "Manual" and "Fleet" are multiple-selection enabled, so that matches your explanation. However, the "Eff. Date" column is just a date column and, even more interesting, today it is the "Issue Date" column that is blocked, not the "Eff. Date" as shown before.

Best regards.

• Aaron Gilbert
    Options

Overall I love the outlook integration and use it for various shared service team's inbox and workflow management. With that, I also experience the locked cells anytime I try to use contacts or email addresses. This would be a big asset to manage through the plugin rather than asking the team to update in the sheets directly.

I do need to set up automations from those cells, I am not sure if that would be the cause?