Workflow on multiple checkboxes?

Smartsheet newbie here - so this may be simple...or impossible. :) I've got a sheet that has 3 different rows completed by 3 different people bi-weekly. Right now, there's a checkbox for each of them to confirm when they complete their row. Is there a way for me to configure a workflow to notify me only after ALL 3 of the checkboxes are marked? Right now it notifies me when each checks their box individually.

Best Answer

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

With Parent/Child Rows (three child rows under a row for each due date,) this would be just counting the checked boxes in the child rows and when the count reaches 3, send the alert.

Let's see how else we might do this:

In a Count column, use a COUNTIFS to count all the checked boxes where the due date matches the due date from that row. When the third box is checked, the count changes to 3, the alert sends all three rows to you.

=COUNTIFS(Checkbox:Checkbox, 1, DueDate:DueDate, DueDate@row)

Now create your Alert automation:

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Tim_S

Are they using the same three rows each week? Or is it a new 3-row set each week? Are you using any Row Hierarchy (Parent/Child rows?)

What other fields do you have, such as a date field with the current day or week?

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• Tim_S
    Tim_S ✭✭

New rows for each segment. No hierarchy, just a handful of columns. Primary is their name and there is a due date field (1st and 15th of each month.)

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

With Parent/Child Rows (three child rows under a row for each due date,) this would be just counting the checked boxes in the child rows and when the count reaches 3, send the alert.

Let's see how else we might do this:

In a Count column, use a COUNTIFS to count all the checked boxes where the due date matches the due date from that row. When the third box is checked, the count changes to 3, the alert sends all three rows to you.

=COUNTIFS(Checkbox:Checkbox, 1, DueDate:DueDate, DueDate@row)

Now create your Alert automation:

Regards,

Jeff Reisman