Field I'm on goes into edit mode and wipes out data

Hi, I have a problem that I can't figure out. In Project Plan and other apps, sometimes the field that I'm on automatically goes into edit mode and wipes out data. If I don't notice and move off the field, the value gets wiped out. I've lost valuable data multiple times. If I reboot my computer, the problem goes away at least for that day.

I'm working as a contactor at a Company so using my own computer. No one else in the Company has this issue (although it was mentioned that they have seen it in the past). My first time using Smartsheets.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Check to see if you have "Caffeine" installed/enabled on your computer. What this does is periodically "presses" the space bar to keep your computer from falling asleep. If you have a cell selected when this happens, it will register that the space bar was "pressed" and overwrite the data the same as if you had pressed it yourself.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Check to see if you have "Caffeine" installed/enabled on your computer. What this does is periodically "presses" the space bar to keep your computer from falling asleep. If you have a cell selected when this happens, it will register that the space bar was "pressed" and overwrite the data the same as if you had pressed it yourself.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Thanks for the quick reply! I will check.