Can you set a time limit and or set a new link for Published Sheets?

Options

Hi All,

I would like to publish a sheet without a login which includes documentation for a Project Tender to a set group of recipients. I have created my sheet so it contains Part 1 - Tender documents and Part 2 - Construction documentation. Ultimately i would like to use this as a form of document control.

My query relates to;

I would like to maintain the same sheet however share the link to a group of tenderers and then remove the unsuccessful parties and retain all the information for the winning supplier.

1. Can you remove parties individually from access to the sheet - it appears this is not possible
  2. Can you create a new link and cancel the old link which effectively removes any access.

I do not want the unsuccessful parties to maintain visibility post the tender period.

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks,

Tim

Tags:

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not with a published sheet, but if you share them to the sheet itself then you can remove individuals at will.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/08/22
    Options

Hi @Tim N

I hope you're well and safe!

Please see my comments/answers below.

1. Can you remove parties individually from access to the sheet - it appears this is not possible

[Andrée Starå] Yes, you can, but not for a Published sheet.

• There might be a 3rd-party Portal solution that could help. Is that an option?
    1. Can you create a new link and cancel the old link which effectively removes any access.

[Andrée Starå], No, I'm pretty sure it would be the same link, but you could remove the user's access instead. You'd share the sheet/Workspace instead and then handle the access from there.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.