or-and-or report filtering

In one of my reports, I appear to have lucked into the filter configuration I need, and I can't figure out how to replicate it.

I need to apply an "and" filter to a group of "or" factors, then include a separate group.

How can I do this again?

Tags:

Answers

• Sameer Karkhanis
    Sameer Karkhanis ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry trying to figure out how you want your logical conditions to be. Do you want something like this?

Tip: You can move any condition to any group by click on the 3 dots at the right end of the condition (move your mouse cursor on the conditional and you will see the 3 dots. Click on the dot and you will see the actions)

• I’m just trying to replicate what I took the screenshot of. I don’t know how I did it.

It’s an “or” group of factors “and” one other factor, then a completely separate factor that is an “or” to the “and” “or” group.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Angie S

I hope you're well and safe!

I'd be happy to take a quick look.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, [email protected])

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:[email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi,

I can't share the sheets, and I'm honestly not sure I could explain it any differently from how I have. I am trying to filter a report with the filters in the screenshot. It’s an “or” group of factors “and” one other factor, then a completely separate factor that is an “or” to the “and” “or” group.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Angie S

Follow these steps. (there are multiple ways to do it)

• Create all the Task Name Criteria and Click on the And to change it to Or
    • Add the Task Status Criteria
    • Add a New Filter Group
    • Add the Parent Criteria and click on the And to change it to Or

Did that work?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:[email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Did you ever find out how to have that 3 layer option? I'm trying to do the same thing and I can't make it happen.

• @Blanche Marie Lewis & @Angie S I'm able to replicate the 3 layer option, but it's not always helpful. If within the same subgroup you add another condition, using a field already existing in that subgroup, then it creates a second subgroup (or third layer).