Unexplained Cell Modification

Hello,

I have hundreds of users on a sheet and some are in different countries so the sheet is used at all hours of the day and night. I had one of my more minor users of the sheet reach out and say he was concerned because all lines say he made a modification. I checked the Activity Log and it shows he was on at 6:29 and made 486 changes. This is also reflected in the Modified by column as well. He ensured me he was only changing 3 or so cells and saved. Nothing seems to be out of place, but I am curious if anyone has and understanding as to why this might've happened?

I have multiple formulas and automations running daily as well for some context.

I see that the Duration was what was marked as changed but that is a column formula so why would he get assigned for the change? Usually the automation email is assigned to those changes.

thanks for any insight!

Best Answer

• Paul H
    Paul H ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If someone makes a change that triggers change on other rows via formulas it will show that they changed all the affected rows.

If the change comes via automation workflows it should say "Smartsheet Automation"

Answers