Where in this formula would I add in within 1000km

I use a smartsheet to track my fleet. When something meets this criteria it ticks the box and then an automation is activated.

I was wondering how I would change this so somewhere in the formula the km's were within 1000 or over the RUC amount. This way before it is overdue, it sends the email.

Here is my current formula and an image of my sheet: =IF(OR(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Service Due Date]@row)), [Service Due Date]@row <= TODAY(14)), (AND(ISBLANK([Service Due KM's]@row), [Service Due KM's]@row < [Odometer Reading]@row))), true)

Tags:

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Give this a go...

=IF(OR(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Service Due Date]@row)), [Service Due Date]@row <= TODAY(14)), (AND(ISBLANK([Service Due KM's]@row), [Service Due KM's]@row - 1000 < [Odometer Reading]@row))), true)

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Hi @Ridley_HK

I see you marked Paul's response as not answering your question. Can you clarify if you received an error (and what error) or an incorrect result?

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Hi @Ridley_HK

It looks like you have contradicting statements for the last part of your formula.

=IF(OR(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Service Due Date]@row)), [Service Due Date]@row <= TODAY(14)), (AND(ISBLANK([Service Due KM's]@row), [Service Due KM's]@row < [Odometer Reading]@row))), true)

Here you're looking for two criteria in the AND statement:

• That the Service Due KM's in this row is Blank
    • And that it's less than the Odometer Reading

It sounds like you maybe only want to have this when the Service Due KM's is within 1,000 or less than the Odometer Reading, is that correct?

If so, try Paul's formula again, but remove out the first ISBLANK part of your AND statement:

=IF(OR(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Service Due Date]@row)), [Service Due Date]@row <= TODAY(14)), [Service Due KM's]@row - 1000 < [Odometer Reading]@row), true)

If you meant to say that it's NOT blank, we can adjust your formula like so:

=IF(OR(AND([Service Due Date]@row <> "", [Service Due Date]@row <= TODAY(14)), AND([Service Due KM's]@row <> "", [Service Due KM's]@row - 1000 < [Odometer Reading]@row)), true)

<> "" is the same as saying NOT(ISBLANK()), I just find it easier to read and write as I don't have to keep track of so many parentheses.

Let me know if that helped! If not, it would be useful to have a bullet point list of all the instructions you want to happen.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P. Good catch! I was just plugging in the number in relation to the odometer reading.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!