Prep for the Core Product Certification

Hello,

I am pursuing the Core Product Certification and was curious if it matters in what order to review the training materials: both articles and learning tracks for each domain? Is it necessary to review both the articles and learning tracks? One before the other? Any best practices would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Barbara

Answers

• I too am pursuing the Core Product Certification and would like to know what is best to review & prep for it.

I have nearly 1.5 years of Smartsheet experience and am confident in taking the test, but I do believe there will be some tricky/advanced questions that I should try to prep for.

Following this thread so I can see good ways to prep for the test.

Thanks Barbara

• vespinoza
    vespinoza ✭✭✭

Looking to take my test as well and following this thread for any tips from the Community!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you have access to the list of what is going to be covered in the exam, I would think that you should only need to go through articles/learning tracks on those topics that you are least comfortable with.

I would imagine that if you have plenty of experience in Smartsheet then you wouldn't necessarily need to go through the articles or learning tracks on how to create a new sheet or how to lock a row/column.

If you feel extremely confident in your knowledge, then I really don't see a reason to review any of the articles/learning tracks. Really it just comes down to each individual user and what they feel comfortable with based on the Exam Content list.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Thanks, Paul. Agree, I'm sure this exam is different for each person.

• Aaron Smith
    Aaron Smith ✭✭✭

Agreed Paul- as I too am interested in the Certification. Based on what you've heard from the Field: do you feel that as long as we have a comfortable working-knowledge of the material; we should be adequately positioned to successfully take the course? Or is it a combination of the listed material along with potential deeper-level mastery of each (to John-Michael's point above regarding those "tricky" ones?

Appreciate the support (good question Barbara)!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't really heard anything "from the field" regarding this particular certification and haven't had a chance to get set up for it myself yet. I would imagine that since the list is pretty detailed, it should also be a pretty accurate indicator as to what will be on it.

I have taken another read through the Exam Content List and really I don't see too many places where they could tuck something "tricky" in as long as you are familiar with the core product and some of the more common functions.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Reggie Andaya
    Reggie Andaya ✭✭✭✭

I'm also looking to take the core exam. Have any of you taken it (above posters)? I'm a little nervous as I've gone through the learning topics on the exam but might expect some trick questions. While I'm comfortable with the most basic features, there are some areas (dashboads, formulas, etc) where I don't use to often and might find myself struggle there but after going through the learning topics I think I have the basic knowledge on how to do them. Are the questions pretty straighforward? Any tips would be appreciated.

• I took the core exam on Tuesday, some of the questions are a little tricky but overall its a straight forward test if you have smartsheet experience. I would suggest to read the questions very carefully because some of the answers are questionable. Good Luck!!!