free user not able to edit cells in an edit shared file via web (it works with app)

Hello eberyone,

I have a pro user from where I have shared a workspace with a free user.

I have granted edit rights.

When I log with the free user the permissions seem OK, but when i enter the sheet (any sheet) I cannot edit the file.(I have tried in different computers with chrome and firefox)

There are blocked and unblocked columns so that shoudl not be the issue.

If I log with the same free user via IPAD app then I am able to make changes to the unblocked cells. I have repeated the same with several user and the problem is exactly the same.

Can anyone provide the solution?

Thanks

Dani

PD: attached some screems

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Danibr

I hope you're well and safe!

This is probably the reason for it not working.

Sheets owned by Pro Plan users can only be edited by licensed users within that account.

Was that the issue?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Danibr
    Danibr ✭✭

Dear @Andrée Starå ,

Thanks for your fast response.

Not sure if this is the issue, you mention:

"Sheets owned by Pro Plan users can only be edited by licensed users within that account."

Does this mean that if I add the free user to the pro account via "User administration" then it should work? Because I had already done it and it is not working.

Pluse the fact that it is working with the Ipad app but not in the web browser makes it a bit strange.

Regards

Dani