How do I setup the Details Panel for a new submission in Dynamic View

Shannon Rawls
Shannon Rawls ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I have selected the option to allow new submissions, but there is a note that I need to setup the Details Panel. How do I set it up to only show the required fields for a new entry and not change the other field and logic options I have already setup. When I click on new to add a new item it only shows me the fields for my options to edit the existing fields.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Shannon Rawls

The Panel in Dynamic View will show the same fields whether you are Editing an existing row or Adding a new row (except for the fields hidden by your logic options). These fields are set up in your Details Panel tab:

If you have different fields you want filled out for a new entry, or perhaps if you have different logic that's needed, I would actually suggest using a Form built from the underlying source sheet as your entry point for gathering the information and creating the row.

After the form has been submitted, you can set up either a redirect URL to go right to the Dynamic View or add the URL to the confirmation page so your users can click to the View from there.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• @Genevieve P. is possible for the details panel in a dynamic view to reload the "new item" form upon successful submission of an item?

My use case is that I will have a single person submitting multiple rows at once. I only want them to see their submitted rows. We were originally using a form which has the ability to reload upon successful submission. But that lacks visibility of what was previously submitted (the user might submit 10+ at a time).

Dynamic view allowing new submissions is almost perfect for my use case, if I can get the panel to reload for another submission.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @smoakey22

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, as far as I know, it's not possible now, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit this as a Product Feedback or Idea (If it hasn't been added already) when you have a moment.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.