Misalignment in a date column

I have a column formatted as a date column. The report sometimes formats the dates this way:

How do I fix this problem?

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @LaurenP

Is a formula populating the date in that date column? If yes, what is the formula?

Kelly

• No formula; it's selecting a date from a calendar.

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/19/22

Hey Lauren

Typically Left justified formatting occurs (1) automatically if Smartsheet believes the data is text or (2) a person has manually formatted the column. The Right justified occurs (1) automatically when Smartsheet thinks the data is a numerical (or date) value. (2) manual override. I’m not sure which justification, right or left, you were expecting. If it’s left, is it possible that manual justification is taking place if Smartsheet inserts it right justified? Also, as a quick test, in any blank cell IN THE SHEET that can accept a formula will you insert

=IF(ISDATE(click in a left justified date to insert cell reference with row#), “true”, “false”)

did it tell you true or false? We want it to say true. You can delete the formula immediately after the test. The test lets you know if the date is just formatted in a column or if Smartsheet really doesn’t know it’s a date.