Calendar add on - displaying wrong dates

Options
LDPmo
LDPmo
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi all,

I've inserted Smartsheet report into the Calendar App and when I'm opening the calendar the dates are displayed as one day before.

For example:

I've a task that starts on March 23 2022 and at the calendar is at March 22

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @LDPmo

Is it possible that there are more than one Date fields in your Report, and the Calendar is configured to use one date field as the Date in the Calendar and one to display in the Details tab?

Another option could potentially be a discrepancy between the Owner and the Viewer date/time settings. Is it possible that the Owner of the Report is in a different Timezone than you are? (If so, what Timezone is your account set to, and what Timezone is the Owner set to? I'd like to test this!)

Thanks,

Genevieve

• LDPmo
    Options

Hi,

First of all, thanks for your answer.

But, unfortunately, I don't think this is the problem because when I'm changing view with this button

the dates are correct per task

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @LDPmo

Would you mind providing more detail?

It sounds like you're using the Weekly view in the Calendar, and when you use the arrows above to view by Category, the dates showing in the Panel change. Is that correct?

For example, here are two tasks in a Weekly View, looking at "Task 10" in the Panel:

Then when I switch to look at it by Category, I see the exact same dates in the Panel from this view as well:

Do the dates change back/forth for you as you view the same tasks in these views? If so, this is not expected behaviour and our Support team will need to troubleshoot this with you one on one in a private channel. You can provide them with a screen recording going back and forth between the two views, as well as private information such as your email address, the Owner's email address, and the URL to the source Report.

Thanks,

Genevieve

• LDPmo
    Options

Hi,

Seems like a bug in the calendar App.

Eventually, we solved it by choosing to show all week (including weekends), and then the dates were correct on the calendar panel.