ownership issues

Hello

I am the new owner of a workspace containing several folders. One of my colleagues who has no paid account is experiencing issues. He was admin of the workspace before and is still admin now.He is listed as owner of some files but they are now read only to him -he gets the message of needing a paid plan. They also are read only to me. I cannot transfer the ownership as 'the current owner is not recognized as part of my organization'. Any idea of why we are having this issue and how to solve it?

Thanks

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @C_M_D

I hope you're well and safe!

Which Smartsheet Plan do you have?

If you haven’t already, I would recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi @C_M_D

Unlicensed users or Free Collaborators cannot own items; try having that user transfer the items to your account, see: Transfer ownership of a single Smartsheet Item

(Note: they won’t see the "Make Owner" option if you are only shared to the workspace. The Admin will need to share you to the specific sheet, dashboard, or report first, then make you the owner.)

I would also suggest reaching out to Support, with screen captures of the issue, the name of the Workspace, and the email address of the one Admin who is View Only (along with any other emails that are experiencing the same thing).

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now