Can I have "does not contain" as a SUMIFS condition?

Options

Hi. I'm trying to write a SUMIFS, and I'm having some trouble. I want to make "does not contain" one of the conditions. I have previously achieved something similar outside of a SUMIF by nesting the CONTAINS formula within the NOT formula, but I can't get it to work here. I think I am doing something wrong with the range. Below is my latest attempt of the formula. This one at least isn't giving an error, but it also isn't spitting out the correct value. Any ideas? Thanks.

=SUMIFS([PO Quantity]:[PO Quantity], [Fabric Fiber Content]:[Fabric Fiber Content], NOT(CONTAINS("Pant", [Fabric Fiber Content]@row)), [Style #]:[Style #], [Style #]@row)

Tags:

Best Answers

• Leibel S
    Leibel S ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Ariana Arden

you need to use the @cell reference in your contains formula. See below corrected:

=SUMIFS([PO Quantity]:[PO Quantity], [Fabric Fiber Content]:[Fabric Fiber Content], NOT(CONTAINS("Pant", @cell)), [Style #]:[Style #], [Style #]@row)

• Leibel S
    Leibel S ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Lisa B 2022

It sounds like your criteria is on 2 different ranges is that correct?\

If yes, your formula would look something like this (replace column names and criteria as needed):

=SUMIFS([SumRange]:[SumRange], [Criteria1Range]:[Criteria1Range], NOT(CONTAINS("Criteria", @cell)), [Criteria2Range]:[Criteria2Range], ISBLANK(@cell))

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!