Summary Rollup Sheet at Capacity

leahwoosley
leahwoosley ✭✭
edited 03/25/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I need to make a new Summary Rollup sheet since my current one is full (>100,000 cell links) - to go about this, I assume I should make a new sheet, and link that new rollup sheet to all my applicable blue prints in control center.

Additionally, all of my reports and metrics/formulas will now need to be updated to point at the new and full summary rollup sheet to display accurate data/counts.

Is this the best way to proceed?

If I save the current sheet off with a new name (save as new), I could delete everything out of the master sheet and not have to touch my blue prints, but then all of my reports and formulas will go to blank since they would be pointed to that sheet. Correct?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would suggest implementing an archiving solution. Once a project has been completed, use a Move Row automation to move it to an archive sheet and free up space on the "active projects" summary sheet.

If you are pulling in historical data then you will need to adjust formulas in your metrics sheet(s), but that should definitely free up quite a bit of space.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com