wild cards in DataShuttle

Marvin Daniels
Marvin Daniels ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

In the source sheet section, is there anyway to use a wild card in the Attachment Name?

I have two exports that have a consistent file name at the beginning, but an inconsistent name at the end because it includes a date time stamp, so it would be very helpful to have a wildcard option here.

Best Answer

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Marvin Daniels

There currently isn't a wildcard option for the file name - please submit your feedback to the Product team, here!

I would suggest choosing the attachment by "Most Recent" instead of Name, if the name will vary.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Marvin Daniels
    Marvin Daniels ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/30/22

Thank you @Genevieve P. for your response. I will submit feedback.

Currently there are two datasets (and there will more) for this process, so by using most recent instead of specifying a file name means that I need an input sheet for each dataset. I know that's not a huge issue, but I always try to build as efficiently and simple as possible, so that's why I asked about wildcards.

As it is, I've created one intake sheet with a form. The user will select the dataset from a drop down and attach/submit. The intake sheet will automatically move that row to the correct import sheet based on the dataset selected on the form, then DataShuttle then kicks in to import the data into the appropriate sheets where the data needs to reside. With wildcards, the extra step to move and additional import sheets are eliminated.

I try to find the shortest path, but the beauty of smartsheet is there is always a way to get things done.