Column data disappeared after changing properties

Why would this happen when changing a column's properties from Multi-select to single select? We needed to make that change and now every report and sheet referencing that column appears blank and/or shows as unchecked. Is there a way to fix this other than going into every sheet/report and add back in? Help!

Best Answer

• Jon Mark H
    Jon Mark H ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey Tina -

I don't know of a easy way to fix that - you must go in every report & fix it

I believe it treats this change the same/similar as it does when you change a Column Name in a report , where it keeps that Column in the report as a Dead Column - which you have to unselect the Dead Column & Re-Select the new column name.

Except in this case it's the same name.

Unfortunately looks like it has to be done manually to update all the reports with the new format

-Jon Mark

Answers

• Jon Mark H
    Jon Mark H ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey Tina -

I don't know of a easy way to fix that - you must go in every report & fix it

I believe it treats this change the same/similar as it does when you change a Column Name in a report , where it keeps that Column in the report as a Dead Column - which you have to unselect the Dead Column & Re-Select the new column name.

Except in this case it's the same name.

Unfortunately looks like it has to be done manually to update all the reports with the new format

-Jon Mark

• Tina Rustvold
    Tina Rustvold ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Jon- I wish I would have known that was a possibility before we made the shift, we may have found another solution. Guess what I will be doing this week?!

• Jon Mark H
    Jon Mark H ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tina Rustvold Oof - not the most fun week, huh?!

Let me know if you find another solution!

-Jon Mark