Formula previously worked, doesn't now

Options

Hello!

This logic seemed to work in a different capacity, but no longer is. I have the three categories used locked to check box only. Help welcome!

=IF(AND([Sent to VP for Signature]@row = 0, [Returned to Requester]@row = 0, [Fully Executed Filed]@row = 0), “Red”, IF(AND([Sent to VP for Signature]@row = 1, [Returned to Requester]@row = 0, [Fully Executed Filed]@row = 0), “Yellow”, IF(OR([Sent to VP for Signature]@row = 1, [Returned to Requester]@row = 1, [Fully Executed Filed]@row = 0), "Yellow", IF(AND([Sent to VP for Signature]@row = 1, [Returned to Requester]@row = 1, [Fully Executed Filed]@row = 1), “Green”))))

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @bmclark

The first thing to check is your quotation marks. I see that some of your quotes are curved, like so: “Red” but some are straight up and down, like so: "Yellow"

Smartsheet requires quotes to be the straight up and down ones (the ones that appear when you type directly in a cell), and will not be able to recognize the curved quotes (giving an UNPARSEABLE error).

Try adjusting the quotes to see if this resolves your issue:

=IF(AND([Sent to VP for Signature]@row = 0, [Returned to Requester]@row = 0, [Fully Executed Filed]@row = 0), "Red", IF(AND([Sent to VP for Signature]@row = 1, [Returned to Requester]@row = 0, [Fully Executed Filed]@row = 0), "Yellow", IF(OR([Sent to VP for Signature]@row = 1, [Returned to Requester]@row = 1, [Fully Executed Filed]@row = 0), "Yellow", IF(AND([Sent to VP for Signature]@row = 1, [Returned to Requester]@row = 1, [Fully Executed Filed]@row = 1), "Green"))))

Let me know if this helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @bmclark

The first thing to check is your quotation marks. I see that some of your quotes are curved, like so: “Red” but some are straight up and down, like so: "Yellow"

Smartsheet requires quotes to be the straight up and down ones (the ones that appear when you type directly in a cell), and will not be able to recognize the curved quotes (giving an UNPARSEABLE error).

Try adjusting the quotes to see if this resolves your issue:

=IF(AND([Sent to VP for Signature]@row = 0, [Returned to Requester]@row = 0, [Fully Executed Filed]@row = 0), "Red", IF(AND([Sent to VP for Signature]@row = 1, [Returned to Requester]@row = 0, [Fully Executed Filed]@row = 0), "Yellow", IF(OR([Sent to VP for Signature]@row = 1, [Returned to Requester]@row = 1, [Fully Executed Filed]@row = 0), "Yellow", IF(AND([Sent to VP for Signature]@row = 1, [Returned to Requester]@row = 1, [Fully Executed Filed]@row = 1), "Green"))))

Let me know if this helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• bmclark
    Options

Thank you! that was exactly what it was.

• Genevieve P.
    Options

No problem! 🙂

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!