Proofs - Evaluation Mode Watermark

Options
Teri Stabler
Teri Stabler ✭✭✭✭
edited 03/31/22 in Smartsheet Basics

A new watermark has begun showing on our proofs: "EVALUATION MODE". I am unable to determine why this is happening. Does anyone know why or the purpose for this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It is basically letting you know that it is still under evaluation and has not been approved yet. Once you mark it as complete, the watermark will go away.

• Teri Stabler
    Teri Stabler ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Paul. This must be a new feature right? It has never been on our proofs before.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't use proofing too often. I can say that it wasn't there the last time I set up a proofing solution, but I can't say exactly how new it is.

• PDunn
    PDunn ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Paul Newcome this just started today. I am not sure why when Smartsheet activates new features the don't add to releases the same day. Sometimes its a week later and customers are already noticing something has changed. This is a bad practice they need to switch to upcoming releases and give a date it will go live.

• JGrabs
    JGrabs ✭✭
    Options

Whelp. This is a garbage addition Smart Sheet. How do I turn it off? Because whatever problem this is trying to solve, this is not the answer.

• Ward
    Ward ✭✭
    Options

As a proofreader, I have been highly unimpressed with Smartsheet's proof capabilities. The watermark now makes them even harder to read. Would I recommend Smartsheet to others? NO.

• PDunn
    PDunn ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Paul Newcome Strange why would there be a watermark over an image someone needs to review. I work in a creative marketing team and we constantly use proofs this will impede people reviewing the images

• T Wiener
    Options

PDunn could not agree more. This is a questionable upgrade. There are so many other updates in the proofing tool that could & should be done - i.e. the ability to have a single global proof comment that allows the commenter to annotate several proofs. Or a side-by-side comparison of a Ver. 1 proof vs a Ver 2 proof would be a valuable tool. And the rollout of upgrades needs to be communicated in advance.

• iidave
    iidave ✭✭
    Options

Please remove, or allow turning off the Evaluation Mode watermark on proofs. I have no idea why this was deemed necessary but it makes reading proofs much more difficult. Proofing is a function that allows people to see the entire item being evaluated. If you cover up part of the item, then proofing is worthless. A proof is already understood to be in "Evaluation Mode". It is not necessary to show it on top of the proof. If you need to designate it "Evaluation Mode" how about a small flag at the top left corner? Seems an easy CSS bit of code that would accomplish the same thing. Please turn this off!

• ToniC44
    ToniC44 ✭✭
    Options

Agree with users above. The watermark makes it difficult to read some parts of our proofs. I'd like to see a toggle switch to turn it off.

• Shannon Parrish
    Options

This is definitely something that started today - without notice - and is a challenge for those of us who use the proofing capabilities frequently.

• PDunn
    PDunn ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I reached out earlier today and logged an incident with support, I provided examples and this blog. I spoke with a wonderful support employee. This was escalated and as a result they have removed the watermark to my understanding.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 04/03/23 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all,

(@Teri Stabler, @JGrabs, @Ward, @T Wiener, @iidave, @ToniC44, @Shannon Parrish)

@PDunn is correct!

This was a temporary issue in proofing (starting March 30th) where a watermark was being applied to document proofs and was not an intended update. The behaviour was resolved on March 31st and you should not need to take any action to remove the watermark.

Thank you to all who reached out to Support to report what they were seeing!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• EmilyVerdugo
    Options

Hello,

I noticed the "Evaluation Mode" watermark is back. Is this a permanent change or is this in error as referenced above?

Thank you!

Emily

• Gloria Choi
    Options

Hello,

Based on the dates people have complained about this mark, it looks like this "Evaluation Mode" watermark is being reinitiated every year at the end of March.

I have also noticed that my proofs suddenly have this watermark. Please correct, and if possible, just correct the source of the issue so that this doesn't happen every year.