Worst Service!!

I don't usually do this but I'm extremely frustrated by the service from the smartsheet team. Firstly, I liked the product and so I subscribed to a pro plan to it after my trial period finished. Everything went well for about 2 months until Smartsheet decided that a bulk of features that I had been using will no longer be available on the Pro plan. So essentially the Pro plan became useless for me. I find this quite unethical since I did not get what I paid for.

I have been trying to reach the Support team for about 3 weeks now and I get ZERO response from them. What's funny is that since I got no response from the Support team I tried my luck with the Sales team and boy were they quick to set up a meeting. The sales team told me that there is nothing they can do about this and that the support team is in US and so they are late to respond; they even told me to file a case with the Ombudsman against the company if I wanted to.

Anyway this is one of the WORST services that I have gotten from a company in a very long time and I just wanted to let my frustration out some how.