NEW! COUNTIF not blank....

Briana
Briana ✭✭
edited 04/05/22 in Formulas and Functions

I want to count how many columns have a date in the "SMD/IME Appointment Date" row and where the "Case Closure Date" cell in that column is blank:

=COUNTIF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([SMD / IME Appointment Date]))), ISBLANK([Case Closure Date], ))

Attempt #2:

=COUNTIF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([SMD / IME Appointment Date]))), ISBLANK([Case Closure Date], true ))

Attempt #3:

=COUNTIF(AND([SMD / IME Appointment Date]), [Case Closure Date], "")

Attempt #4:

=COUNTIF(AND([SMD / IME Appointment Date]), [Case Closure Date], <> "")

Attempt #5

=COUNTIF(AND([SMD / IME Appointment Date]:[SMD / IME Appointment Date]), [Case Closure Date], "")

Formulas Came Back #UNPARSEABLE

These next two came back #INCORRECT ARGUMENT SET......

=COUNTIF(AND([SMD / IME Appointment Date]:[Case Closure Date], ""))

=COUNTIF(AND([SMD / IME Appointment Date]:[SMD / IME Appointment Date]), [Case Closure Date]:[Case Closure Date], "")

Answers

• Hey @Briana

I am not sure if I am understanding this correctly but... the SMD/IME Appointment Date is a column, and the Case Closure Date is a columns and you want a count of where the SMD/IME is not blank, but the Case Closure Date is blank? If so, you can use a Countifs formula like so:

=COUNTIFS([SMD/IME Appointment Date]:[SMD/IME Appointment], NOT(ISBLANK(@cell)), [Case Closure Date]:[Case Closure Date], ISBLANK(@cell))

This formula will count all the cells with a SMD/IME Date, that have a blank Case Closure Date.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!