Creating Logic in a Form

Paul G.
Paul G. ✭✭✭✭✭

I am new to the development of forms. My team currently has a form which collects weekly hours spent on assigned projects. Each member of the team opens the form selects their name and the specific project then provides the additional information requested.

Is there a way using Logic that once the individual selects their name only the projects they are assigned to appear in the list of project instead of having to view a list of all projects for the team?

Project assignments can change each week and several individuals can bee assigned to the same project.

Could there be two additional columns added to the sheet the form is linked to. One column could be titled Active Projects and listed all open projects. The other column could be titled Assigned and displays mulitiple individuals assigned. Then when the individual selects their name in the form the Assigned column is "sorted" by their name and the Active Projects column then displays only the projects there are assigned to which then carries over to the form. This is similar to a Data Validation dependent dropdown list in Excel.

I would appreciate any help regarding this question.

I have reviewed the article on "Using Conditional Logic to Streamline Form Submissions".

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Paul G.

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, but you'd need to add a column for each team member to list their projects.

Another option could be to add a divider in the form options and make it a little simpler to select the correct ones.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers