How to populate residential addresses on a form?

Options

My team will be using a Smartsheet form to fill out applications which include basic info such as name, phone, address, etc. A major issue is getting everyone to fill out the address in the same format and spelling the addresses correctly.

I had seen another company also using Smartsheet have a feature where you start typing the address and it will populate the address. The user must select the address which matches the one they are entering. I assumed this would be some kind of add-on.

Answers

• James Keuning
    James Keuning ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In the sheet that underlies the form, you make the field a single-select dropdown, and configure the available values.

• Valentinasmom
    Options

Staff will need to enter residential addresses based on what the applicants give to them, so I don't have this as existing information. I was looking for something that they can start typing the address and have something like Google Maps show the complete address. That way, the addresses will be entered in the same format.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Valentinasmom

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to James's excellent advice/answer.

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Using a 3rd-party form service that has the address lookup feature.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.