Sort in sheets

Loann McGee
Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Good afternoon,

Oh, how I long for sorts within a Sheet to be saved like it is in reports!! We have a set sort we need, but it gets undone throughout the day by other users.

When will this be implemented to save the time of having to constantly resort?

Also, having more than three sort options for a sheet would be beyond helpful. ;)

Blessings,

Loann

Answers

• James Keuning
    James Keuning ✭✭✭✭✭

I create my own sort field. Basically concatenate the fields I want to sort on.

But yeah, I am totally in support of this.

And soon some people will tell us to put in an enhancement request, or feedback or whatever, but I think that Smartsheet does a horrible job of making that form user friendly. First I have to scroll through that list to find a category that fits the thing, then some narrative including how this is impacting me today (hint: it's annoying me and wasting my time), and last, I need to fill out information about myself that Smartsheet already knows because I am logged in.

I'd like to give some feedback about the feedback form.

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭

James - would you give me detail on how you achieved the sort field? I'm lost on how to do so.

And yes - enhancements used to be highly regarded in the early days of SS...sadly, the larger a business grows the less it tends to "hear" what is of true benefit to the users. Having said that, I absolutely love what SS does for our purposes, but I miss the days of being heard.

Blessings,

Loann