Add sheet row comments/attachments via email

Community - Is there a way to generate a static reply email address to add comments/attachments to a specific sheet row via email? I know the @ function on comments will send a generated reply address to the person tagged, but it looks like after 5 responses the reply address becomes defunct and email attachments are not added to the row. Thank you

Answers

• User123,

Have you taken a look into automation? You can use the Request Update action in automation to send an email to either a specific email address or an email in a cell. You can also limit their ability to make changes by clicking "Specific Fields" and only activating Comments and Attachments.

• User123
    User123 ✭✭

Tristan - Need is to stay up-to-date on email chains about a task's progress by adding emails to a sheet row as emails come in/go out. There is an Outlook plugin that does this, but the workflow requires a lot of clicking. Looking for a seamless solution (e.g., CCing a row specific email address to add the email's content to the row's comments/attachments section)

• Hi @User123

I agree with Tristan, the Update Request type of workflow will allow users to open the form and see all historical comments for that row.

The Outlook Add-In is the other solution. There may be third party applications (like Zapier) that can help automate Smartsheet actions, but in regards to Comments and Attachments I would say that Update Requests are your best option at this time.

Please also provide your feedback to our Product team through this form, here!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now