No notification emails sent via Conversations

Hello,

I have one team member that makes updates via Conversations. When tagging others for notification of the update, email notifications are not being sent on his behalf to notify those he tagged. I checked his Communication preferences which mirror all other team members. I also removed him from applicable workspaces and granted new access, as well as deleted his Smartsheet account and recreated it to no avail. All other team members are able to tag and have Outlook email updates autogenerated without issue.

Before I engage our network team to ensure his %username% via Smartsheet emails are not being blocked internally, I thought I'd ask others in the Smartsheet community if they have experienced the same.

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Scott Bales
    Scott Bales ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Update on my issue... We are now able to receive the team member's Smartsheet updates via email. The problem was resolved by one of two ways, according to what he indicated.

1) He went into his Smartsheet's Personal Settings and completed his Profile. All fields were blank with the exception of his email address (right above 'Manage Email Address' link.)

2) He also went into 'Notifications' and simply hit the 'Save' option without making any changes. All 10 boxes were already checked, so no changes were made before hitting 'Save'.

He completed both steps in succession, so he isn't sure which step resolved the problem. The resolution doesn't make a lot of sense, as I can guarantee most of our team hasn't completed either of the aforementioned steps in Smartsheet and their communication functionality works as intended, but now you know in the event the anomaly occurs with your team!

Enjoy the weekend!

Answers

• Hi @Scott Bales

The @mention emails not being received usually indicates something needs to be adjusted with the account that's receiving the notification, versus the account sending it. As long as the contact appears to select, then this user should trigger the notification. See: Tag Someone With the @ Sign

The first thing I would check is to see if the @mentioned users are receiving the notification from within the app. If they are, then it's just the email that is being blocked. Here's the article that goes through how to troubleshoot this: Issue: Email Not Received from Smartsheet

If they aren't even receiving the in-app notification, there may be something else going on. In this instance I would recommend contacting Smartsheet Support with a video recording of the issue, showing all of the settings and detailing the troubleshooting steps you tried.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Scott Bales
    Scott Bales ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your response, Genevieve. I checked and the individual's notifications are viewable from within Smartsheet. Regarding receiving vs. sending communication settings, all other team members receive email updates from every other team member with the exception of the one individual. I submitted a ticket to have our security and network folks assess, but one would think that if all other team members are receiving autogenerated emails coming from Smartsheet that the issue wouldn't be a security \ firewall issue. I'll update the correspondence once the issue is resolved so others can reference in the future.

Thanks again, Genevieve.

• Scott Bales
    Scott Bales ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Update on my issue... We are now able to receive the team member's Smartsheet updates via email. The problem was resolved by one of two ways, according to what he indicated.

1) He went into his Smartsheet's Personal Settings and completed his Profile. All fields were blank with the exception of his email address (right above 'Manage Email Address' link.)

2) He also went into 'Notifications' and simply hit the 'Save' option without making any changes. All 10 boxes were already checked, so no changes were made before hitting 'Save'.

He completed both steps in succession, so he isn't sure which step resolved the problem. The resolution doesn't make a lot of sense, as I can guarantee most of our team hasn't completed either of the aforementioned steps in Smartsheet and their communication functionality works as intended, but now you know in the event the anomaly occurs with your team!

Enjoy the weekend!

• Hi @Scott Bales

Apologies for the delay; I'm glad to hear that all is working well, now! Thanks for posting your resolution, I really appreciate it. 🙂

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now