Ranking Sheet to Report

Hello, I am very new to smart sheets and I have been asked to see if we can do a ranking/voting function in smart sheets. The idea is there a 4 projects that a committee votes on at the end of the meeting and we have a backlog of projects which needs to be linked to the ranking. They would rank 1-4 for priority, and there are 10 committee members. We would need to have them do their rankings for the 4 projects and then take the averages of the voting to see which one takes top priority.

If anyone has any tips, webinar links, documents on how I could build this I would greatly appreciate any guidance.

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@tim.curtin

Create a sheet with a column for each project and a row for each committee member. Lets say your columns are called ProjectA, ProjectB, etc.

Each committee member enters their ranking for each project. At the bottom of the collected set of answers, in each of the four columns, enter =AVG( and at this point Smartsheet will open a helper box. Just select the 10 rows in the column above your formula

=AVG(ProjectA1:ProjectA10)

(The syntax for the AVG function is AVG(number 1, number 2, number 3...) or you can do a range of cells in a column AVG(ColumnA1:ColumnA100), an entire column AVG(ColumnA:ColumnA), or a range of cells across a row or multiple rows AVG(ColumnA2:ColumnD25)

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!