Save template with automation

Hi all ,

I have two concerns today and I hope you will be able to help me .

1 ) First , I use smartsheet to manage a project portfolio in 2021 successfully , by creating a work space with a main sheet , some reports , some dashboards and a summary sheets ( for the dashboard ) . So I would like to know what is the best way to " copy " all the file of 2021 so that I can transform it for managing a new portfolio in 2022 ?

2 ) Secondly , I've saved a sheet containing an automation as a template ( send alert to a contact list when a new project is added ) , but this automation doesn't work anymore on the new sheet . I really don't know why , since I have checked all the settings in the process .

Can someone help me ?

Thanks in advance .

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

1) I would suggest either saving as new on the entire workspace, or (if you wanted to keep everything in the same workspace) you can put it all into a folder and save the folder as new.

2) What do you mean it doesn't work? Are you getting an error? What does the actual automation itself look like? Is it just saving as "disabled"?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• ALAIN-STEPHANE
    ALAIN-STEPHANE ✭✭✭✭✭

Dear @Paul Newcome ,

Thank you for your feed-back .

I have created a folder and I've put all the items into it , then I saved as new !

Regarding the second point , the issue was that the contacts didn't receive notifications alerts but I've re-shared the shhet to them , then everything is allright .

Thank you very much .

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help. 👍️

It sounds like your automation settings may be set to restricted so that only users that are shared to the sheet can receive notifications. There should be an option when saving as new to keep the same sharing permissions as well which should help with that.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com