Active Directory For Drop down Selections

Hello,

I have multiple tables that have the same drop down selections of suppliers. Our suppliers are dynamic and change frequently.

Is there a way, or is there a roadmap to potentially add, a single place to update data that will auto-populate all dropdowns using that data set across multiple sheets/forms?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Nick Suleiman

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Premium App, Data Shuttle
    • Smartsheet API
    • 3rd-party solution

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• marc4
    marc4 ✭✭✭✭

Data Shuttle works great for this. We have a sheet with the master list, create a Data Shuttle to offload the column as a csv to either Google Drive or as an attachment to a sheet.

The you create another Data Shuttle to upload the csv to update the pulldown choices. You need one Data Shuttle for each sheet you want to update.

If you don't want to pay for Data Shuttle and have access to some type of linux server, you can write a short script (perl, python, js, shell script) to run the API command

curl https://api.smartsheet.com/2.0/sheets/{sheetId}/columns/{columnId} \
    -H "Authorization: Bearer ll352u9jujauoqz4gstvsae05" \
    -X PUT \
    -d '{"title": "New multi-select dropdown column", "index": 0, "type": "MULTI_PICKLIST", "options": ["One", "Two"]}'

Where you have the list of suppliers in a file.

/marc