Using Smartsheets as a design process sytem

Hello, I wondered if there is a better way to do this.

I want my team to have some checkmark feature within one column that they can check as the file is being worked on.

I currently have this; it works "Ok," but they have to continue to click on the small arrow next to it to add a field. I want all areas to be visible, and all they have to do is checkmark each step.

Thank you so much!

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would set the sheet up so that each step is its own checkbox type column.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Paul, Thank you for your help.

I thought about that, but sadly that would add too many columns to the project. We currently have 22 columns... so yeah, haha!

Maybe I could just have to do a "multiple Dropdown" I just wish I could color-code each "process word" the team picks.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Believe it or not, 22 columns really isn't that bad for a process management solution. If you have a checkbox and a contact type column for each step (yes I realize that is now double the columns I originally mentioned) you can set up automatic update requests so users do not need to go into the sheet itself which would mean you can really expand the number of columns without affecting usability.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com