Can Allocation column be tracked by hours?

Options
RFedders
RFedders ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello,

Currently, I am tracking Allocation as a percentage within Smartsheet so that the data can feed over to our Resource Management account. I want to know if calculating allocation based upon hours is possible because the worklist within Resource Management is unclear with allocation as a percentage.

Please let me know if you have any knowledge on this, thank you!

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Options

Hi @RFedders,

At the moment, allocation in Smartsheet can only be calculated in % in the "allocation %" column from the Smartsheet project, if you'd like to request for this to be also traceable in hours, when you have a moment, please let our Product team know about your feedback by filling in this form, here. Thank you! 

Allocated assignments in Resource Management (even the ones mapped with Smartsheet projects), however, can be displayed in three possible ways: percentage, total hours or hours per day. You may want to select any of the alternative ones in Resource Management as needed.

If you'd like to reflect the assignments in your Smartsheet project also in hours, you may want to add a helper column (that won't be mapped with Resource Management) with a Column formula that converts the allocation % into working hours by multiplying this percentage by the number of working hours in a day (8 in my example below).

I hope this can offer some insights for what you are trying to accomplish. 

Cheers!

Julio