Multisite Clinical Research

Hello,

I am new to smartsheets and use it for work here, in the healthcare field. I am trying to figure out the best way to utilize smartsheets to track productivity for a multisite clinical trial. I have found some articles describing how you can use other products along with smartsheets to track just single site clinical trials but no where multisites. I am wondering if someone in the community can maybe help with coming up with the best way to do this, or perhaps if there are templates that you are willing to share. The only thing i can think of, is to build a single site trial template and have multiple sheets which would then potentially roll up into a single progress report. Hoping that someone can share their experience with me.

Thank you

#newandconfused :)

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator

Hi @Rafa,

From what you explain, it sounds like you'd like to maintain consistency when creating different projects and then consolidate the information of all different ones into a single document. As you suggest, with the Smartsheet core functionality, the best approach would be to create specific templates (or use some existing ones from our Solution Center - the "Project Management Office" template set for example could adjust to your needs-) for each project type that can then be downloaded and utilized by users when new projects are provisioned. 

You may then rollup different projects information into a single row Report and/or create a Dashboard that would contain different project information. 

Alternatively, if the amount of projects to be created in your company is too large or you'd like to automate the project provisioning process in your organization, Smartsheet also counts with Control Center, a premium add-on that could prove quite helpful for this task. 

I hope that this can offer some helpful insights into project provisioning and the use of existing templates. 

Cheers!

Julio