Can I use a form to edit information of a register?

Hello to all of you!

I'm brand new using Smartsheet and I could use a hand. Hopefully I'm not crossposting. :)

We have a sheet with various fields. Sometimes we have meetings and we take a look of the values of one row at a time. That is sometimes exhausting because we ae moving back and forward, left to right to see each field.

And I thought we could use a form to select a value from one of the fields and import the rest of the values from the other fields, in the form. So we could see it with some structure, maybe add something in a blank field or edit it, before importing it again to the Smartsheet.

It would mean a lot if someone could tell us if it's possible or not, and give us some hint on how to do it.

Thanks in advance! ^^

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Luminongue

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Use the Edit Row feature (right-click on the row or double-click at the far left of the row), and you'll see a view similar to an Update Request/Form.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andree! ^^

It will help a bit in some cases thanks !!

But it is also limited. :/

I can just see there 4 o 5 fields and i still have to scroll up and down.

Maybe you know another way to see it, not just in a small pop up ? :)

Again, thanks a lot!