Populating a Form Field

I'm using a Form team members complete to engage a resource. A field on the form is Customer Name. The field is required and column type is text. The issue, team members are entering our company name or their name in the Customer Name field. I added Help Text "Customer Name Only" in red font, but I still receive requests with our company name or their name in this field. I cannot use a drop-down column type containing pre-populated customer names.

Any suggestions on ensuring the customer name field is populated with the customer name and not our company or the team member's name?

Thank you in advance of any suggestions.

Answers

• Amanda Alv
    Amanda Alv ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, I'm sure others may have more technical advice, but since people seem to want to enter their name or the company name, why not add those fields first (assuming they aren't already there?). This way, the "Customer Name" field will be much more obviously about the customer, if they have already entered their name and the company name.

You could even enter a "Default Value" for the company name so that it is pre-entered but still visible for them. Just hide these two columns so they don't get in your way on the actual sheet.

Hope you find a good solution!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jon M

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Using the Form Logic and they could check a box to acknowledge that they should add the Customer Name, and then the Customer Name field would show up

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.