Automatic ordering data

Hello,

I have a sheet connected to a from for data input. I wanted to order the data automatically so that every time a new row of data is added the sheet orders itself according to two columns. Is there anyway to do this? Thank you in advance!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @jogonzalez

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible now, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Using a report, it will be automatically sorted in the way you need.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hello @Andrée Starå,

Thank you for your answer! I will definetly fill the Enhancement Request.

Unfortunately, I forgot to mention that the idea would be to continue editing the sheet (and facilitate this trough the ordering) so the report will not work in this case. Nevertheless, it is a great solution for the question like I asked it so it could be helpful for other users.

Kind Regards,

José González Rosillo

• marc4
    marc4 ✭✭✭✭

Do you have access to some type of server that you can run the curl command?

I have a couple of sheets that I need sorted no matter if someone adds rows so I have a one line shell script that runs every 30 minutes to run this command from the API

curl https://api.smartsheet.com/2.0/sheets/{sheetId}/sort \
    -H "Authorization: Bearer ll352u9jujauoqz4gstvsae05" \
    -H "Content-Type: application/json" \
    -X POST \
    -d '{"sortCriteria": [{"columnId": 4583173393803140, "direction": "DESCENDING"}]}'

/marc

• Hello Marc,

Sorry for the late response. Unfortunately we are not currently using curl commands and I don't know much about it so I will not be able to solve it this way. Tjank you for your response anyway!

Kind Regards