How to automatically display and send an alert on upcoming items

Options

I have a smartsheet that lists key deliverables by project, deliverable, due date and a checkbox if the deliverable is due within the next two weeks. I would like to create an alert that includes the checkbox rows as a single alert list--not row by row. any ideas?

Answers

• Christian Graf
    Christian Graf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Dick1939

You can create another sheet called Alerts. In the primary column label it "Two Week Alert" then make a checkbox column called "Alert" with the following formula.

=IF(COUNTIF({TwoWeek Column}, =1) > 0, 1, 0)

If a two week notice checkbox is checked, this checkbox will be checked.

Then simply set up a new workflow alert in the Alert sheet tied to the new checkbox you made, and you should only get one alert per day no matter how many dates reach two weeks. If you ever need another similar alert, you can make a new checkbox column and tie another workflow to that one.

You could also use conditional formatting to highlight the checked rows in your original sheet for easy visual acuity.

Hope this helps

• Dick1939
    Options

After working on the issue, i went with a filtered report accessible through a link--with the ability to check and remove items that are finished. Thanks for the suggestion--but I never evaluated it -- thus the no answer.