Bar graph values wrong

Options

I have made a bar graph from data in one of my sheets. The bar graph is displaying the correct number when I enable column labels, but the visual graphic is sometimes below the data value or above it. Is there any way to fix this or is it a bug that smartsheet has?

See image below. Specifically column 6 and column 8. Columns 6 shows a total of 10, but the visual does not align with the value of ten. Likewise column 8 does not align with the value of 4.

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It looks like you're trying to display a bar graph using a sheet/report that has two separate number values and wanting them combined together in your graph. You should add a new column with a formula that adds the two columns that are current being displayed. Then in your dashboard graph only allow it to use the number value from the column that is combining the two numbers.

• Christian Graf
    Christian Graf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

These values are available work and unavailable work. Their sum total is the total work we have to do. I purposefully made them into a stacked bar graph. The values should match up visually but they do not, which leads me to believe there is something wrong with the smartsheet program itself.

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For example, this:

Is made from this:

Instead, do this:

Then setup your report to only look at the Sum column:

• Christian Graf
    Christian Graf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/28/22
    Options

@Matt C.

That would completely defeat the purpose of the split level bar graph. I'm showing the breakdown of the total on purpose.