User shows up on side list as have edit access to workspace but does not show in pop-up shared list

Options

I deleted a user from my workspace sharing list a few hours ago but they still show up on the right side panel as being a shared user. Is there a lag in getting that panel updated or another path to sharing?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Box2105

Is it possible that this user is shared to individual items within the workspace, and you may have only removed them from one item?

If you were in a sheet or report at the time, you can see if someone is shared to the Workspace or to the Item by the icon on the left. (See: Share an item from a Workspace)

For example, in this Sheet, Mirka has Viewer permissions to the entire Workspace but Editor permissions on this one item:

This means if I remove Mirka from the Sheet sharing, she will still have Viewer Permissions in the Workspace and will appear in the Workspace Sharing panel:

I would suggest removing this user directly from the Workspace Sharing tab instead of from an individual item.

If this is what you have already done, I would suggest fully logging out of Smartsheet then logging in again.

If the user is still appearing the Sharing panel but not in the pop-up Workspace sharing window, then please reach out to Smartsheet Support with full screen captures, the workspace name, and the email address of the shared user you would like to remove.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Box2105

Is it possible that this user is shared to individual items within the workspace, and you may have only removed them from one item?

If you were in a sheet or report at the time, you can see if someone is shared to the Workspace or to the Item by the icon on the left. (See: Share an item from a Workspace)

For example, in this Sheet, Mirka has Viewer permissions to the entire Workspace but Editor permissions on this one item:

This means if I remove Mirka from the Sheet sharing, she will still have Viewer Permissions in the Workspace and will appear in the Workspace Sharing panel:

I would suggest removing this user directly from the Workspace Sharing tab instead of from an individual item.

If this is what you have already done, I would suggest fully logging out of Smartsheet then logging in again.

If the user is still appearing the Sharing panel but not in the pop-up Workspace sharing window, then please reach out to Smartsheet Support with full screen captures, the workspace name, and the email address of the shared user you would like to remove.

Cheers,

Genevieve