Using Smartsheet for annual budget submissions

Hello.

I am relatively new to Smartsheet and am trying to create a budget submission process that uses user security to only have access their departments account numbers. Has anyone used Smartsheet in this manner? Would anyone mind sharing thier process of creating the sheets or know where to point me in the correct direction on discovering the resources to help me understand?

Thank you,

Richard

Best Answer

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Answer ✓

Do you have the premium app Dynamic View? Otherwise you may be out of luck, you can't really separate access within a sheet. Maybe create a sheet for each department number and use a report to bring them all together for leadership purposes?

Answers

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Answer ✓

Do you have the premium app Dynamic View? Otherwise you may be out of luck, you can't really separate access within a sheet. Maybe create a sheet for each department number and use a report to bring them all together for leadership purposes?

• Thank you for your quick response. We do not have the Dynamic View app. I believe this would not be hard to accomplish as I already have 27 excel documents (one for each dept) that all merge into one master excel document using vlookups.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @RMaxwell

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Samuel's excellent advice/answer.

• Another option (if you and the users have Enterprise or higher) would be to use the Premium App, WorkApps.

Is that an option?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.