Data Shuttle: Adding data to all rows thats not in the csv

Leslie Murray
Leslie Murray ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi there,

We are importing event data (from Zoom) into SmartSheet and I want to add the Event Name in the "Last Event Attended" column for all the rows that are merged or added. Is this possible to add this info without adding a column and this value to my cvs file? All rows get the same value in that column, but the data is going into a larger data set so I can't say everyone get that info.

Thanks!

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Leslie Murray

The Expressions section of Data Shuttle is where you can get the import that add data to a cell in a row that's being added by the shuttle. However, if you need the cell to be different for different events you'll need to create a data shuttle workflow for each event. I would recommend having the filename different for different events. Each data shuttle workflow will look for a specific filename (instead of most recent) and the data you pull from Zoom is filtered for just that event. You'd have to pull and import multiple files if dealing with multiple events.

Another option is to make the Event Name column a formula if there's some sort of criteria in the data that's imported that can help indicate which event it was for.

• Leslie Murray
    Leslie Murray ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Matt. Super helpful!

Is it possible to use an expression add to data to data in an existing cell? Like if we just want to add the category instead of the name?

For my test of this I just added a column with this information & I thought merge data meant it would add onto the existing information but instead it overwrote my data set (crying & praying SS can bring back the last file).

• Paul H
    Paul H ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Leslie Murray Column formulas work well to analyze Data Shuttled data and populate addition columns. Is it possible to populate this info using a formula?