Workflow to copy row to another sheet

I am an Admin on both the source and destination sheets. When I go to select what sheet to copy my row to in the workflow, the Select a Sheet dropdown doesn't display my destination sheet.

If I manually copy a row to another sheet I do see the destination sheet as an option. How do I get the destination sheet to show up as a choice in the workflow area?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Best Answer

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@bhanville

I could be wrong but I believe it's in your sheets list because you're only shared to the sheet and not the workspace it's in. I'd contact the sheet owner and ask them if it is in a workspace and if you could be shared to it to see if that fixes your problem. If you end up being shared to the workspace, make sure to refresh the page completely before trying to setup an automation or it won't see there's been any change to your access level.

I'd also recommend removing that screenshot because it shows full names along with email addresses of your colleagues.

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bhanville

Is the destination sheet in someone else's workspace? If so, you may be shared to their sheet but not to their workspace and might need to be shared to their workspace to be able to see it in a workflow setup.

• bhanville
    bhanville ✭✭
    edited 05/09/22

@Matt C. It doesn't look to me like either sheet is in a workspace. Here is a screenshot. The source sheet is 2022 Operations SOW and CO Tracker, and the destination is (WFI) Primary Project List.

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@bhanville

I could be wrong but I believe it's in your sheets list because you're only shared to the sheet and not the workspace it's in. I'd contact the sheet owner and ask them if it is in a workspace and if you could be shared to it to see if that fixes your problem. If you end up being shared to the workspace, make sure to refresh the page completely before trying to setup an automation or it won't see there's been any change to your access level.

I'd also recommend removing that screenshot because it shows full names along with email addresses of your colleagues.

• @Matt C. Turns out the destination sheet was not in a workspace, but the sheet owner moved it to a workspace and shared the workspace and that solved the issue. Thank you so much for your assistance.

I attempted to remove the screenshot, but can't figure out how to edit my prior post - can you assist with that?

Truly appreciate your quick responses to my challenge!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @bhanville

I hope you're well and safe!

You can click the Flag on the lower left side of the post and ask to have it removed.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.