Force Upper Case on Form

Hi. Lets me start by saying I am totally new to using Smartsheet. My organization has a form that we use to collect data from sellers all over the globe. We would like to force their text entries to be in all upper case. Is this possible?

Hoping not to have to use a second column in the corresponding Smartsheet; would prefer to force it upon entry.

Thanks

Lisa

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It is not possible within the form. Is it more a visual preference, or are you leveraging it being in all caps in some kind of formula?

I know you would prefer to avoid an extra column, but you can hide the column that is filled in by the form so that all you see is the "helper" column that contains the all caps text.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Thanks for the quick answer and the suggestion. We found that having the mixture of Case in the text caused for missorts of the data. We tried to sort the sheet alphabetically by the data and it viewed the lower case and upper case differently. At least that's what we were told caused our issue.

I'll see if I can implement your suggestion as it seems pretty straight forward and repost if that works.

Again - thank you for your help.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have never seen upper vs lower case cause any sorting issues. I even just tested it and had no issues.

Are you able to provide some sample data that is not sorting properly?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• Hi Paul. I could not replicate it to show you an example. Please keep in mind we were told the mixture of cases is what caused our issue. Maybe that person providing the solution took their best guess. Either way, I have used the helper column as a fail safe now to ensure we can sort the data properly. Thanks!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking there may have been something else going on or potentially a temporary bug in the sheet.

10xViz.com