Using logic in one form to require another form be answered (and populate another sheet)

The scenario I am trying to solve for is this -

User fills out a project intake form (Form 1). One of the questions asks what tech services may be needed. If Tech Services is required, I want them to fill out another form, I'll call it "1A" that populates a different sheet. The completion of Form 1 populates our Project Intake Sheet and the data provided in Form "1A" would populate another sheet that the Tech Department would take action on. Is this possible? I'd rather not add more fields to the Project Intake Sheet. Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Hi @JFBinari

It currently isn't possible to have one form populate two different sheets (without gathering all the data in one place, first).

Forms are directly associated with the sheet they are created from. This means that you would either need to Copy the row over to your second sheet after the form is submitted to your Intake Sheet (so all fields from Form "1A" would need to be on this Intake Sheet, too), or direct your user to a separate, second form link after they have completed the first form.

Let me know if you would like to see screen captures of either example and I'd be happy to clarify further.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now