Good examples of assembling project budgets using forms

Does anyone have any good examples of using forms for filling out project budget estimates? This looks to be pretty straightforward using Resource Management, but we don't have that module.

Thanks

Answers

• Dennis M Wierzbicki
    Dennis M Wierzbicki ✭✭✭✭✭

More specifically, I'm looking for something that would allow us to select resources, and input hours for each resource, at a given hourly rate.

• BullandKhmer
    BullandKhmer ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah.... kind of.

I have lots of questions though.

Are there multiple line items assigned to different resources in your estimate?

Can you confidently set a maximum number of resources used for the solution? If so how many?

Would a resource be assigned to multiple tasks?

Are resources limited to persons, i.e. labour or do they also include materials etc.

What do you want the output to look like? Most people prefer costs to be presented in a column format but forms only allow you to populate a single row. I guess you could consider populating a row and then using document builder for presentation of the estimate?

Are your estimates completed at high volume?

Does each resource have a constant hourly rate?

Curious as to what the motivation is for using a form specifically to complete an estimate. Estimates are usually completed in a sheet. Are you looking for something that can be completed onsite on an ipad or something?

This is pretty interesting!