why no sheet names on PDFs when content is grouped by sheet name?

Hi,

lets say I have 2 sheets (New York and Washington and the location is also the sheet name)

I have different tasks on both sheets.

Now I want to combine it in a report.

I create a report, select the 2 source sheets and group the tasks by sheet name.

New York

• task 1
  • task 2

Washington

• task 1
  • task 2

All good so far and it works well.

When I try to export the report to a pdf file, it shows me everything in the pdf, except for the sheet name (=location). Even though I check all boxes in the export menu before exporting.

This way I get a great pdf which looks like the report, but without the location (sheet) name, I can´t tell which tasks are for which location.

task 1

task 2

task 1

task 2

Any advise? I hope I don´t have to apply a work around like adding a new column with the location name....

Thanks!

Answers

• Hi @Sven Krohn

There currently isn't a way to Print a Report including the Grouped rows. (Please let the Product team know that you need this feature by filling out this form.)

In the meantime, you can either include the Sheet Name column in your Report so each row shows what sheet it's from, or you could add the Report as a Report Widget on a Dashboard, then print the Dashboard instead.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• thanks for your response. all not working too well. The dashboard gets cut off in the wrong places when you try to print it. sheet name gets cut off and I don´t want to increase the size of that column just for that. Smart, but not smart enough this Smartsheet... (again).