Update request to be sent each time a given cell is triggered

I set up a workflow for an update request to be sent to a contact in a cell when 1 of 3 cell triggers occurs and 3 conditions are met. This workflow works fine.

But.... I need to have the update request sent again if one of the 3 triggering cells is changed at any time. I cannot get it to send a 2nd time or multiple times for that matter. Is there a way to do this? I have attached the workflow.

The workflow is to confirm with a teammate if they can see a client on a specified date and time. If the date and time doesn't work, then I need to be able to change the date and time and automatically resend the new date and time to the teammate for their confirmation.

Thanks!

Answers

• Rodolfo Garcia
    Rodolfo Garcia ✭✭✭✭

Hi Davyn

I was reviewing your workflow and it is good. Thinking on it, what if you put some fields on your sheet, and use nested IF functions for the conditions you want.

Another tool is approval request.

Think about it, and also if possible try to draw what you want to get and what are the inputs,

should it be complex or you can array logic fields in the form.

I hope it helps.

Regards

Rodolfo Garcia

• Davyn
    Davyn ✭✭

Hi Rodolfo,

Thank you for your input and help.

I haven't worked with IF functions yet, although I am sure it's easy enough to learn.

Is IF statements the best way for my workflow?

Just to confirm, it's a simple scheduling process where 1 representative schedules a client meeting on a specified time (column 1) and date (column 2) and a 3 way call partner (column 3). The update request is then sent to the 3 way call partner to confirm their availability. If the appointment time, date or partner needs to be changed after it's already set, then the update request needs to be sent out again with the new date, time and/or partner. Is this clear or do you want me to draw a diagram?

• Rodolfo Garcia
    Rodolfo Garcia ✭✭✭✭

I will try with your idea on smartsheet @Davyn, and give you and answer

• Rodolfo Garcia
    Rodolfo Garcia ✭✭✭✭

Here is an approach @Davyn

I am trying to have all the fields that you are going to work

to think in several options

Regards

Rodolfo

• Davyn
    Davyn ✭✭

Hi Rodolfo,

Sorry for getting back so late on this.

The table you attached is good. Now what if the appointment is declined?

I would then go back to the fields and change the date/time/partner info in order to generate a new request update. Having Smartsheets send out another update request after the cell content has been changed is where the issue comes in as it won't send out another update request.